Concrete deck, refinish or other options?

Our concrete deck is looking its age I was hoping there might be a fix for it that would be cheaper than ripping out what we have and starting new. I've included a picture below and can take others if needed. Ours is a stamped pattern and I was really hoping I could just paint/seal it or something that I could put on top of it that would refresh the look and maybe even change the colour. The darker colour gets warm on the feet in the summer sun.

Any options to make it look better? What should I be avoiding?

man this is a GREAT pic!! haha!

There are several options you could do.
Concrete paint is probebly the least expensive option.

You could overlay with something like cool deck
or you can have a thin overlay or cement poured on top of it
A sone overlay overlay could be done
several more things.....

YouTube has a lot of videos on refinishing concrete, or concrete overlays... Interesting stuff what all they can do these days.

Thanks for the tips! I am going to pressure wash it for sure first. But think I might do the paint route after doing more googling as I don't mind the effort knowing sure I'll have to repaint it every other year probably as the total amount of deck is no that big and even after painting for years I'll still be less than replacing or other major repair. I also want to lighten the colour so that will be a benefit too.

LOL about the pic. that was in my photobucket from my test kit. I had to jump through hoops to get it since I live in the great white north.

I am planning to acid stain my ugly patio. I have talked to several people who have done their houses and it seems like a reasonable task. Cola color is the most popular around here (seriously, google cola color acid stain) but I saw some beautiful green not long ago. I will be sure to use an anti slip coating since people will be crossing it with wet feet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.