Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Grammy says hello

1. Back To Top    #1

Grammy says hello

Just wanted to let you know your website is wonderful! I had started to present a problem to your msg board earlier, but in the middle of posting it, decided to go out to my igp one more time to see what may be causing the water pressure issue, and noticed one of the "screws" on the pump filter basket wasn't tight. Once I tightened it, the water pressure came back and I am all smiles again! I am a 61 yr old grammy trying to maintain my one year old pool. I don't understand all the proper pool terminology but am slowly learning. Heck, I dont even understand the correlation between PH and Alkalinity, but i just learned Alkalinity is adjusted first, then check the PH! I think there are probably cheaper ways to treat my pool water, but until I learn what is what, I havent even attempted to sway from my pool people yet. They have been a big help to me so far. Again, thanks for this website and keep up the good work!
    18,000 gal, 18x32 IGP, vinyl liner, 3 to 5.5ft depth. One inlet/skimmer (Aqua Genie), one main drain. Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter w/filtration rate of 20 GPM/FT, Two-Speed Pentair Whisperflo 1 HP pump, Natural Gas Hayward H200 pool heater, Aquabot T2 (200 Series) Robotic Pool Cleaner (my best friend), Automatic Electric Pool Cover (2nd best friend).

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Grammy says hello

Hi Grammy! Welcome!!!!

Even if you don't have a problem, feel free to post, comment or simply read. THIS PLACE IS GREAT!

Happy swimming!
    15,400 gal. IG Gunnite
    1.5 hp Champion Pool Pump
    3/4 hp Century Pool & Spa Motor
    Pentair Automatic Chlorine Feeder
    Crystal Water Pool & Spa Cartridge Filter
    Polaris 280

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome to TFP Grammy !

If you want to learn more about caring for your pool, I would recommend starting at the pool school http://www.troublefreepool.com/category/pool-school/. LOTS of good information.

In any case, welcome and enjoy. These folks really know their stuff.
    13,000 gal AGP, Hayward X-Stream 100 sq ft cartridge, 1 HP Hayward Power-Flo Matrix Pump, all on two 6-hour on cycles per day. Baquacil to BBB convert.
    "It is necessary for us to learn from others' mistakes. You will not live long enough to make them all yourself." - Hyman G. Rickover

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome! Glad you found your problem.

Around here, if you have a problem, it's likely that someone has had it before and can help to get you on the right track. TFP is definitely a great resource. Glad you found TFP
    ~_~ Sherry ~_~
    24' Round AGP, 13,500gal, 1.5hp Hayward
    Cartridge
    TF100 Test Kit BBB Baby!!!

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome! Glad you found us
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome to TFP!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

7. Back To Top    #7

Hi Grammy,

Welcome to the forum.
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks for the welcome. After reading your pool school, forums, etc., i have decided to try to free myself from my pool store. I am very hesitant but willing to give it a shot. My robot is still working trying to clean up the "leftovers" from my latest pool store visit. I am tired of all the chemicals and money - all i want to do is swim with my grandbabies. I tried to order your test kit but it wouldnt accept my login/password, though i have no problem using it to login here. I guess I need the test kit first and foremost; can someone tell me why I am having difficulting logging in to do that?
    18,000 gal, 18x32 IGP, vinyl liner, 3 to 5.5ft depth. One inlet/skimmer (Aqua Genie), one main drain. Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter w/filtration rate of 20 GPM/FT, Two-Speed Pentair Whisperflo 1 HP pump, Natural Gas Hayward H200 pool heater, Aquabot T2 (200 Series) Robotic Pool Cleaner (my best friend), Automatic Electric Pool Cover (2nd best friend).

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by h2ctpdjl
    Thanks for the welcome. After reading your pool school, forums, etc., i have decided to try to free myself from my pool store. I am very hesitant but willing to give it a shot. My robot is still working trying to clean up the "leftovers" from my latest pool store visit. I am tired of all the chemicals and money - all i want to do is swim with my grandbabies. I tried to order your test kit but it wouldnt accept my login/password, though i have no problem using it to login here. I guess I need the test kit first and foremost; can someone tell me why I am having difficulting logging in to do that?
    If you've not ordered there before you have to place your item in the basket then continue to checkout. Then you click on register & checkout. That's where you'll put your info for your username and password. Then, the next time you order you'll just sign it.
    15,400 gal. IG Gunnite
    1.5 hp Champion Pool Pump
    3/4 hp Century Pool & Spa Motor
    Pentair Automatic Chlorine Feeder
    Crystal Water Pool & Spa Cartridge Filter
    Polaris 280

10. Back To Top    #10

Welcome to TFP! As Anna has said, the kit site is not operated by TFP, so you'll need an account and password there as well.

The maker of the kits posts here often though (duraleigh) so you are welcome to post any kit related questions you have as well.

Congrats on taking control of your pool.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

11. Back To Top    #11

Thanks. I realized that there was mention somehwere in the forums about them being a separate entity, so registered and got it ordered; in fact, it shipped already. Once it gets here, plan to start BBB immediately, with a little help from my TFP friends.