What is the max water level relative to skimmers?

Jul 27, 2012
Austin, TX
We had a few heavy rain storms recently. The water level is higher than the top of the skimmer opening in the pool. As a result, water is not being skimmed. I assume we want to keep the water below the top end of that opening, right?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The floating door or weir in the skimmer rises and falls with the level of your pool. It essentially changes the height of your skimmer opening according to water level. it is also like a one way valve for debris. If the water level is too high the debris will be blocked by the top of the skimmer opening. I keep my level about an inch below the top of the opening. This is a little high, but the high water level helps my autocover to glide more easily.

So much rain this spring has my pool level kissing the top of my skimmer opening weekly. Free backflushing but I'd like to get more CYA in my pool, not less. (A good problem to have I suppose) Good to hear what levels are best for skimming.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.