PoolMath vs PoolSchool Recommended Levels

Those are general guidelines.

The actual recommended FC levels are a function of your CYA ... and the minimums (which are the most important) do match between everything.

What exactly are you concerned about or trying to figure out?

I also don't get pool math.. it tells me THREE different levels?

rmAbETz.png

ISW6dzJ.png

So goal is 3-10, but suggested is SWG: 3 (for SWG pools?) Normal (Normal to whom or what?) is 5 to 10?

That's 3 different levels... The SWG level of 3 is the bare minimum on the CYA/FC chart.

This is all very contradictory of each other to me.

I think you're WAY over thinking this.

Does your pool have a SWG? Yes? Then use the SWG minimum. No? Then your pool is "normal" and you use that minimum. Target a couple or three FC over your min. Absolutely no need to go over the upper end of the goal (10 in your case weather or not your pool is SWG or normal) outside of a SLAM.

Absolute precision isn't required in maintaining these levels just so long as they're "in range" and you expect them to remain that way until your next test.

I think you're WAY over thinking this.

Does your pool have a SWG? Yes? Then use the SWG minimum. No? Then your pool is "normal" and you use that minimum. Target a couple or three FC over your min. Absolutely no need to go over the upper end of the goal (10 in your case weather or not your pool is SWG or normal) outside of a SLAM.

Absolute precision isn't required in maintaining these levels just so long as they're "in range" and you expect them to remain that way until your next test.

Yes it does have a SWG. Maybe I am way over thinking it, but as a software developer if my user selected "SWG" it would not even show "Normal" FC targets for non SWG pools. That's what the pulldown is for right? To set ranges appropriate to your application!

Yes it does have a SWG. Maybe I am way over thinking it, but as a software developer if my user selected "SWG" it would not even show "Normal" FC targets for non SWG pools. That's what the pulldown is for right? To set ranges appropriate to your application!
Well, there you go ... create your own superior calculator. Problem solved.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Let me try this.

There are not three levels. There is a minimum free chlorine level necessary to maintain your pool. There are different ways to introduce the chlorine to the pool.

One way is with a SWG which usually results in a fairly steady stream of chlorine being introduced and can generally be set so that you will maintain a certain level in the pool consistently.
Many pools not using a SWG and using liquid chlorine introduce it in a way that results in the chlorine level fluctuating. They get a range so that they can put chlorine in their pool manually and not place too much in and have most of it destroyed by the sun, yet still have a sufficient amount so that the pool always stays above the minimum.

SWGs have a lower firm number because they will consistently introduce chlorine so their margin above the minimum level is lower.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.