Converting to SWG with Painted Pool Rocks

Everything in the picture below: The border of the pool, the waterfall, deck, etc. is painted using what I think is just normal (or outdoor) paint. The water actually comes up over the painted border, so there's about a foot of painted rocks below the water.

I really, really love taking care of my pool, but time and travel is taking its toll, and I don't trust anyone else to touch it. What happens to the paint if I convert to an SWG system? Is there a coating, or something I can use to repaint everything that will hold up better?

At worst I can put in an IntelliChem with a chlorine tank, but you'd be amazed how much chlorine a pool can use in a Vegas summer.

pool.jpg

I would not think the added salt for the SWG would have any real effect on your painted rocks. You can always have them out to repaint them if there is a problem.

What is your CYA level? Maybe you are loosing too much FC to the sun and would be better with higher CYA.

Your pool probably consumes about as much as mine in Phoenix lol I had my faux rocks reprinted and the guy used a small hand pump sprayer. He had colors of tint he mixed with water till he achieved a color I liked. Came out great but didn't last due to what ever material they are made of was flaking. They needed a new skim coat then painted.
You can do a search I posted some pictures before/after

What is your CYA level? Maybe you are loosing too much FC to the sun and would be better with higher CYA.

I keep it at 30 because I like to keep the concentration of chlorine as low as possible. Not really an issue since I don't have much time to keep up with it manually either way. I need to find the best automation that won't destroy my paint job. :)

Thank you for the reply. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.