Stenner w/ P1353ME Timer

budgetplan1

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 1, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Gonna make the switch to Stenner/Liquid Chlorine setup.

Current Setup:

1. Pump - Challenger w/ Century A.O. Smith B2980T Dual Speed Pool and Spa Motor, 230V, Integrated Timer
2. Heater - Raypak 266BTU EI, 220V
3. Timer - Intermatic T102R - Pump/Heater wired to it, always on...pump runs 24hrs a day, integrated timer on motor controls hi/lo speed operation.

Even though not necessary, pump running 24hr is personal preference so actually timer function of intermatic not used; always on.

Thinking when I get Stenner, switch to P1353ME timer running in Mode 3 w/ Stenner connected to Circuit 3 (Cleaner) so Stenner will never be running unless Circuit 1 (pump/heater) is running/energized as well and I can control runtime of Stenner on Circuit 3 so I can used fixed-output Stenner ($70 cheaper).

So, line to timer/equipment pad is 220V, pump/heater at 220, figure a 45MPHP2 in 220VAC will do nicely with a #1 tube set to pump at night for whatever time I need set by circuit 3 timer of P1353ME timer. Being Circuit 3 of the timer should insure that chem pump never runs without main pump on if I ever decide I don't want main pump to run 24hrs.

If'n I woulda just planned this all out when I switched pump motors last year, I woulda gone with a pump motor without integrated timer and just controlled it all through P1353ME timer but alas, it is what it is.

Thoughts? Well, besides "What is this guy thinking?", anyway...

Looks like a smart way to do it to me.

I opted for the PE653rc when I did mine b/c I lucked out and got it on the super cheap ($50 more than the P1353ME) and I can flip from pool to spa and high to low without walking to the pad. You may want to consider the 10 gpd instead of the 3gpd version. With the timer control it makes it easy to dose when you want.

I believe the 3GPD vs 10GPD is simply a matter of tube sizing (#1 vs #2); fortunately I have a wide variety of tube sizes available to me so switching is of no consequence and marginal cost (about $10 a pop). What the heck, though...may as well start w/ the 10GPD tube right outta the box.

Now that I'll have the two speed option w/ the P1353ME timer (Circuits 1 & 2) I have to wonder if the B2980T Dual Speed Pool and Spa Motor, 230V, Integrated Timer can be 'unintegrated' from it's timer easily; the timer on it is limited in hi/lo cycle events in a given day...hmmmmm.

The ROI for the 2 speed pump made it a no brainer for me.

Looks like we are running the same wet end. It was an easy cheesy installation - The B298x comes in a with and without integrated timer, the version with the B2908T has the timer - the B2980 is the same thing wihtout the timer. I installed the B2983. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.