Mt. Airy, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
I have a pool with at attached ~8' diameter spa. I need to replace the eyeball fittings on the spa, which are 1.5" inside fittings (press fit, no threads). What size eyeball should I get? I see there are different orifice sizes, and I am not sure what is best. My concerns would be creating excess back pressure, creating an uncomfortable amount of 'spray', but I don't want it to be weak either. I do know that when I run the spa alone, there is more back pressure on the pump than when I run the pool alone (which leads to my next question)...

The pool itself has 2 returns, which are just 1" PVC. Is there any benefit to adding return eyeballs, or possibly some detriment?

To summarize my questions:
1. what size eyeball orifice for the spa?
2. return eyeballs or not on pool?

I'll give you my two cents on question #2, you'll have to find somebody else on #1.

Return eyeballs in your pool allow you to create a flow of water in a certain direction so that your pool will skim properly. You either set it up so your water flows clockwise or counter-clockwise (based on the layout and features of your pool) so that you don't create stagnant portions of your pool where stuff just floats on top of the water and never gets pushed to the skimmer. So, in my opinion, if your pool is skimming properly (through the skimmers) and you don't have a problem with stuff on top of your water then don't worry about it. If you do have a problem, then the eyeballs should help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.