Mokena, IL
Hi new to the site and just received my TF-100 Kit and here are my results
PH=7.5
TA=190
Clac=450ppm
CYA=50
FC=2ppm
CC=.5

It looks like my TA is hi but I have a pool heater which I know tends to lower this so do I need to adjust this or not? Anything else off? I use 3" chlorine tabs but I see from the site that I should use household bleach. I appreciate your comments and feedback.
Thanks

Welcome! :wave:

I see fairly high CH, which could be from living in a hard water area, or the pool store could have been pushing buckets of Cal-hypo "shock" on you. You can't do much about the fill water, but you can stop using powdered forms of Chlorine. Whatever tablets are there, let 'em dissolve and don't add anymore. CYA is already at a good level. Don't worry, they'll keep for years if you keep them dry. Save them for vacation.

The heater won't do anything to the alkalinity but warm it. A spa or a waterfall will drive the pH up and when you lower pH with acid, TA also comes down.

The only thing that needs immediate attention is the low FC level. You should never let FC slip below 4 with a CYA of 50. You should target something like 7 or 8 when you add bleach. Right now, it looks like one full 121 oz jug of Clorox 8.25% bleach will get you to 7.

When the pucks stop dissolving, expect to see the pH rise a whole lot faster than it has been. When it gets to 7.8, add acid to get it down to 7.2. That should lower TA over time without you having to take any aggressive steps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.