Gallery Page?

EskimoPie

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 27, 2007
Sahuarita, AZ
How about a photo gallery page... I'm not talking anything complex, just a page with all of the slideshow pics on it (hopefully at a little higher resolution). The slide show is great but if you're looking for a certain picture or you just want to go through them all one by one for ideas, it's not ideal. For some reason just clicking forward through the slideshow seems to randomize the pics as I get a lot of duplicates that I know I just saw a couple of slides ago.

That's a really good idea Pie. I would like to look at the pool pictures but I can't find the time to wait for the slide show to scroll through them all and I, too, get a whole lot of frequent repeats. I've always thought it might have something to do with when the cookies were set, but what do i know?

A gallery would be an excellent addition to the site.

Sean,

Did you have the opportunity to give this some thought? A photo gallery with stationary images would be a really nice addition to the site, and it would be an especially nice touch if the photos could be identified by username.

If a gallery isn't feasible, is there an option available to put a photo in the user's profile? I know we could use the avatar to show off our pools but they're so small that some of the details might get lost.

I know I would appreaciate it too, considering I am pouring over all of the pictures I can find for landscaping ideas!

I know that's cheating....but you guys have some AWESOME landscaping! :lol:

This has actually been on my list for quite a while. I didn't do it with the upgrade because there were just too many other variables. Now it's just a matter of finding one that is compatible and will do what I want. I hope to have one up very soon, although it may take a while before I get it customized the way I want.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
EskimoPie said:
Those must have been some serious bugs! Any update on this?

:roll: Yes, as a matter of fact they were serious bugs!

Since my last post on the topic we (the programmer and I), installed and tried two different gallery mods and both were incompatible with this version of the software. In the end we we were able to get coppermine to work. I have it in the background for testing, but have not had a chance to set it up properly. I won't put it on the site until I'm comfortable with it myself. When I do, I'll get the link added to the top of the page and make an announcement. I won't give a time-line, but plan to have it up and running before Spring.

I use Coppermine for our photo albums. It's eminently configurable and we really like it.

Here's a link. Leo is our new puppy and his album has some cute pictures in it. Click on the album name and you get a thumbnail page. Click on any thumbnail and it opens a larger image. You can run a slide show or you can click the forward or back arrow. You can rate photos and leave comments (can't remember if we enabled the comments feature). You also have the option of providing user access so people can have their own albums.

Nice application. I especially like that it runs on my own server rather than a photo sharing server.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.