Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gallery Page?

1. Back To Top    #1

Gallery Page?

How about a photo gallery page... I'm not talking anything complex, just a page with all of the slideshow pics on it (hopefully at a little higher resolution). The slide show is great but if you're looking for a certain picture or you just want to go through them all one by one for ideas, it's not ideal. For some reason just clicking forward through the slideshow seems to randomize the pics as I get a lot of duplicates that I know I just saw a couple of slides ago.
    My Pool:
    12K gal IG gunite with 7' raised spa, gunite waterfall, PebbleTec Caribbean Blue finish, solar heating & in-floor cleaning system

Equipment: Sta-Rite 300' Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC20 SWCG, Sta-Rite 400k BTU heater, Intelliflow 4x160 main pump & Sta-Rite 3/4 hp waterfall pump, EasyTouch controlls w/ wireless controller, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Gallery Page?

That's a really good idea Pie. I would like to look at the pool pictures but I can't find the time to wait for the slide show to scroll through them all and I, too, get a whole lot of frequent repeats. I've always thought it might have something to do with when the cookies were set, but what do i know?

A gallery would be an excellent addition to the site.
    — AnnaK —

12,000 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

3. Back To Top    #3

I agree! Although the slideshow is wonderful, I too just want to flip through an album of pics. Nothing fancy, just easy to scroll through.
    15,400 gal. IG Gunnite
    1.5 hp Champion Pool Pump
    3/4 hp Century Pool & Spa Motor
    Pentair Automatic Chlorine Feeder
    Crystal Water Pool & Spa Cartridge Filter
    Polaris 280

4. Back To Top    #4

Sean,

Did you have the opportunity to give this some thought? A photo gallery with stationary images would be a really nice addition to the site, and it would be an especially nice touch if the photos could be identified by username.

If a gallery isn't feasible, is there an option available to put a photo in the user's profile? I know we could use the avatar to show off our pools but they're so small that some of the details might get lost.
    — AnnaK —

Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

5. Back To Top    #5

I know I would appreaciate it too, considering I am pouring over all of the pictures I can find for landscaping ideas!

I know that's cheating....but you guys have some AWESOME landscaping!
    26,000 gal liner IG pool
    Doughboy with concrete construction
    Full sun most of the day
    1.5 hp pump system
    200lb sand filter

6. Back To Top    #6

I have it on good authority that you'll soon see a photo gallery here.
    40 x 16 IG Vinyl. Goldline SWG
    160 Sq Ft Roof mounted solar array
    2014 Hydropool Serenity 5000 Hot Tub
    The Pool School- A great place to start
    Jason's Pool calculator

7. Back To Top    #7

Wonderful!
    — AnnaK —

8. Back To Top    #8

Just my .02 I too would love a gallery page as I am always mixing and matching ideas I see to tweak to my own little hearts desire. Can't wait to see it
    14x33 fiberglass freeform
    Variable speed Pentair intelliflo superpump
    420 Clean and Clear Plus cartridge filter.
    pool-school/pool_calculator , http://www.tftestkits.net/

9. Back To Top    #9

Yes, I am looking forward to it too. I have watched the slide show repeatedly, but have only seen my pool 1 time....lol. I know it's random, but mine never comes up....lol.
    Nicole

21' AGP (10,400g)
    Hayward PowerFlo Matrix dual-speed 1HP pump, 75 sq ft Waterway cartridge filter
    4G Liquidator, Aquabot POOL ROVER S2-40

10. Back To Top    #10

This has actually been on my list for quite a while. I didn't do it with the upgrade because there were just too many other variables. Now it's just a matter of finding one that is compatible and will do what I want. I hope to have one up very soon, although it may take a while before I get it customized the way I want.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

11. Back To Top    #11

This is very exciting!

Is there anything any of us can do to help?

"Stop nagging me" is not an option
    — AnnaK —

12. Back To Top    #12

Coppermine!
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

13. Back To Top    #13

Coppermine may not be compatible with v3. I'm going with a different one, but it should work well. Install is still underway.
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

14. Back To Top    #14

Thank you! I look forward to the gallery!!!
    15' ROUND, 52" AG
    Newbie at pool ownership!

15. Back To Top    #15

Working on some bugs.
    TFP Founder

16. Back To Top    #16

Those must have been some serious bugs! Any update on this?
    My Pool:
    12K gal IG gunite with 7' raised spa, gunite waterfall, PebbleTec Caribbean Blue finish, solar heating & in-floor cleaning system

Equipment: Sta-Rite 300' Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC20 SWCG, Sta-Rite 400k BTU heater, Intelliflow 4x160 main pump & Sta-Rite 3/4 hp waterfall pump, EasyTouch controlls w/ wireless controller, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by EskimoPie
    Those must have been some serious bugs! Any update on this?
    Yes, as a matter of fact they were serious bugs!

Since my last post on the topic we (the programmer and I), installed and tried two different gallery mods and both were incompatible with this version of the software. In the end we we were able to get coppermine to work. I have it in the background for testing, but have not had a chance to set it up properly. I won't put it on the site until I'm comfortable with it myself. When I do, I'll get the link added to the top of the page and make an announcement. I won't give a time-line, but plan to have it up and running before Spring.
    TFP Founder

18. Back To Top    #18

I use Coppermine for our photo albums. It's eminently configurable and we really like it.

Here's a link. Leo is our new puppy and his album has some cute pictures in it. Click on the album name and you get a thumbnail page. Click on any thumbnail and it opens a larger image. You can run a slide show or you can click the forward or back arrow. You can rate photos and leave comments (can't remember if we enabled the comments feature). You also have the option of providing user access so people can have their own albums.

Nice application. I especially like that it runs on my own server rather than a photo sharing server.
    — AnnaK —

19. Back To Top    #19

Is this thread talking about the Gallery Preferance link within User Control Panel? Is it working? My link I get errors, any settings I need for it to work?

How will we see others galleries?
    21K Gal, IG, Vinyl, Bleach-Borax-Baking Soda, 3/4HP Hayward pump, Hayward sand filter, 200,000BTU Heater, TF100 Testkit
    "All that we are arises with our thoughts." - Buddha
    “When fate hands you a lemon, make lemonade.” - Dale Carnegie

20. Back To Top    #20

The gallery feature is not set up yet. I'll make a post when it is ready to use and will place a link at the top of the page.
    TFP Founder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast