Booster pump- PCC2000 not reaching full pressure...

chris fox

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 3, 2013
Phoenix area
So my pool is getting up to completion after major remodel - about 5 months with no pump/motor use. The filter pump had no issues starting up but the booster a no go. In fact the the propeller shaft seized up while trying to get this to prime. It's a challenger/pacfab 1hp
I had the motor bearings, shaft and seal replaced this morning and back on the pump.

With the pump back on, I couldn't get to prime. I left it to go to work. Got back to it after work and was able to get the water to build pressure with the lid under pressure. Thought I was good to go but after a while I noticed my heads not popping up. The pressure gauge on the PM6 shows up to 50 psi much higher than I am used to avg. 25psi.
The PM 6 looks good the individual valves snap back and seat and the impeller and gear pieces move easily.
The suction at my skimmer( 2 holes - 1 for filter and the other for the booster) is very little. I have no valves on this system as it's dedicated just for cleaning system.
Not sure what to do next??:( :(
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.