Ground Prep for Intex UltraFrame 24'x12'x54" Rectangle Pool

PJBear

May 25, 2014
Owen Sound, ON
So, our new pool is on order. We are in the process of planning the layout. I really like the idea of using the extruded pink foam. I assume that everyone is using the 3/4" thickness? Anyway, my first drawing on grid paper had pink foam sheets spread over the 12'x24' area, which with 4'x8' sheets, works perfectly. It then had 40 - 2'x2' patio stones surrounding the foam, building a perimeter to hold the foam sheets firmly in place and providing a large enough surface to place the legs of the pool. I would still use Gorilla tape to adhere the sheets together.

Then…I started thinking. Is this foam surface large enough? It appears in the photographs and videos that I have looked at of these Intex rectangular pools, that the pool, when full, sags at the bottom beyond the actual frame size listed. With my current plan, would the bottom of the pool be digging into the edges of the patio stones? If other owners of Intex rectangular UltraFrame Pools could comment, this would be helpful.

Perhaps I should be foam sheeting an area 13' x 25'? This isn't a problem (though not as slick as the first plan), unless the legs do not reach the patio stones, and instead rest on the pink foam.

Thanks for any comments! The last four years we set up our Intex 12' x 32" pool on a sand bottom. The family is super excited for the larger pool this summer. We just want to do everything right the first time. Hoping to build a small deck at one end as well, as I cannot stand using ladders.

PJ:confused:

Hi there and welcome :) I have the 18 x 9 which is the size down from yours! Here is the actual measurements you are looking for !
y7a5ypap.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These rectangular Intex pools are known to snap patio pavers in half from the weight of the water. I would suggest a heavy duty paver that is as thick as bricks.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.