Tagelus 50D Valve Body won't clamp

Apr 25, 2014
Southern Ontario
Hi Group,

I am trying to install the valve body of my Tagelus 50D pool filter to the filter tank body with little success. There are two styles of valve body for these filters- threaded and clamped.. Mine is clamp style. The bottom of the valve body sits over the top of the centre pipe with no issue, ( yes the provided cover for the sand filling was removed) , the o-ring is intact on the valve body in the proper groove.. The top of the tank opening has a small radius which accepts the o-ring readily... It just seems that the provided clamps which are supposed to wedge the two flanges (one on the valve body, one on the tank) together and provide a good tight seal... I feel like the clamps are either the wrong ones (the diameter is correct, but the slot width in the clamp that accepts the two flanges seems too narrow) or the gap is wrong.. I am pushing down on the valve body to try to mash the flanges tight enough that the clamp can go on, but no luck even starting it.. I feel if I put much more pressure I will damage it.. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with the same problem ?

Thanks for any effort to help me.
Tailgate

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.