Opening Pool To Crystal Clear Water With Perfect Chemistry?

easttn

Jun 22, 2013
East TN
How many people actually open up their pool and not have to do anything with it and have perfect water chemistry? I did. Thanks to the knowlege of this website.

Just a little info on my success:
Last Fall: Got my water chemistry right (pH, TA, CH, CYA).
Last Fall: Added algaecide (Alkyl (50% C14, 40% C12, 10% C16) Dimethyl Benzyl Ammonium Chloride) and raised the FC level to shock level.
Last Fall: Disconnected plumbing and winterized.
Last Fall: Covered pool.
Fall through Spring: Kept a check on my FC level. The FC level held steady all the way up until the weather started warming up and slowly took a plunge.
Spring: I would peel back the cover and drop in a sump pump modified to circulate the water and add bleach to raise the FC level back to shock level a few times before time to open. I had to adjust my pH once.
Now: Take off the cover, hook up the plumbing and turn on the pump with crystal clear water that was the same chemistry as what I left it.

Anyone else have a Trouble Free time at opening?

There is a thread on the forum with others sharing their success stories this Spring. There are many of you who have a dead-on grasp of how this all works and it is a pleasure to see you post!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.