Have to reset salt water generator every day

May 27, 2014
san antonio, tx
I have a Goldline AquaRite cholorine generator that is approximately 6-7 years old. We replaced the salt cell about a few weeks ago but now seem to be having a problem with the generator. I added the appropriate amount of salt after replacing the salt cell, reset the generator and everything was fine for about a week. My chlorine level was maintaining about 3300 and the pool looks great. I've noticed in the last week or so that after the system turns on in the morning it says "check salt" and "inspect cell". I know there's enough salt and the cell is brand new, so I turn it off, then to auto, wait for the click, then press the button 5 times to reset. It goes back to a normal salt reading (currently about 2700 since we've had heavy rain the last few days) and continues to generate all day until it turns off. Then the next morning it's groundhog day and the whole thing happens again. I've read other posts where the sensor needs to be replaced if the generator stops working, but mine works, just needs to be reset constantly. Any ideas?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.