Rust spot in newish Plaster?

Jun 30, 2007
Spring,Tx
Ok, so my pool is about 10 months old. About a month ago I noticed a small rust spot on the wall above my deep end swim out, just about 12 inches below the water line. I've called the builder and he's supposed to get out here but hasn't made it yet....Imagine that(being peak build time of year)!!! I tried to scrub it with a nylon brush to no avail. Does anyone know of any remidies? BTW my water does not have high levels of metals in it so I really don't know why this showed up.

As a side note I also just noticed about an hour ago we have a stain from a hair clip on the bottom of the deep end. What should I use?

Try rubbing a vitamin C tablet on the stain, if it fades its a metal stain and you can use vitamin c if the stains are small, for large stains you can use Ascorbic Acid (a.k.a vitamin c) sold in larger quantities.

Do you think there could be a piece of metal in the plaster from the install? Rusting thru? :shock:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.