Multiport Valve leaking from top

May 31, 2012
Hi All,

I've got a few issues going on and I'm curious to know what you folks think.

First, it appears that my multiport valve is leaking from the top. I'm attaching a photo. I've seen some threads here and a few youtube videos that address the issue, but I don't know exactly how to identify which model mine is. Or are they universal? This is basically Greek to me and our local pool company isn't responding to my calls. I live in a rural area. We have 1 company and they are usually just swamped with openings and such. I go out there some days and there's a pool of water on the top. Other days it's dry. But seems to be wet more often in the last few days.

Second, could this leak be causing a "No Flow" on my Jandy/Aquapure 1400? Is it enough pressure loss to do that? I've been on the phone with Zodiac, but they have just told me to have an electrician come out to do voltage checks to see if there is a sensor failure. I'd rather not pay an electrician if it could be related to the port leak.

I hope this makes sense.

Attachments

• IMG_4321.jpg
    IMG_4321.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 70
Might not be a bad idea to go slow and make sure that is the leak source.

Or, if you are pretty sure you have a leak, go ahead and order the spider gasket for that model multi-port and order the Spring for the handle, too

Might not be a bad idea to go slow and make sure that is the leak source.

Or, if you are pretty sure you have a leak, go ahead and order the spider gasket for that model multi-port and order the Spring for the handle, too

It's leaking fairly steadily from the top of the valve now. A drip every few seconds or so. I'm going to go ahead and order a replacement.

Do you think that could be causing the "no flow"?

Do you think that could be causing the "no flow"?
I can't imagine how, but I know very little about SWG's.

I would treat them as two seperate issues.....while you are waiting on your parts for the SWG, tell us more, if you can (keep it in this thread) and we'll see if others can help.

I can't imagine how, but I know very little about SWG's.

I would treat them as two seperate issues.....while you are waiting on your parts for the SWG, tell us more, if you can (keep it in this thread) and we'll see if others can help.

Thanks.

I'm waiting on the parts. In the meantime, the SWG has thrown some error codes, so I have a call in to Zodiac. Looks like there's an issue with the PIB or Flow Sensor. It's under warranty, so I have hope it'll get fixed. Just hassle.

I thought this was my year to open a Trouble Free Pool!!!!

Switched out the top part of the valve, fixed the leak. Then replaced the flow sensor on the SWG and fixed that.

So all is well with equipment. Sadly, I didn't do a good job keeping up the chlorine in the absence of the SWG, so I'm SLAMing tonight!

Thanks for your input, duraleigh. I always enjoy this site even if I don't often post, it's often helpful just from reading.

Reactions: paultz
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.