Brand New Hayward XStream cartridge filter no psi

Apr 18, 2014
Los Angeles USA
Yesterday we hooked up our band new Hayward XStream cartridge filter and Hayward 2 speed Power-Flo Matrix pump, along with our intex SWG. Everything looks good, quiet, water circulating, but no psi reading on the filter gage. I didn't find anything in the manual as to what the psi should be reading or how to troubleshoot if the needle is not moving. I sent an email to Hayward, but have not heard back from them yet. Maybe the needle at 0 is a good thing? Any ideas?

If the filter is consierably larger than what you used to have, the psi will be considerably lower as well.
In any case, I would thnk the pressure on a brand new filter would be at least a bit lower no matter what

I've never had any other filter. I purchased the Hayward because of what I read about Intex filters. I didn't even want to bother with them. I have great flow, but as far as I can tell the gage is not working. It never moves past 0. Should I be worried?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.