Remote Control System recommendations

Konos

May 27, 2014
Northern Ontario
Hey guys, I've stumbled upon this site a few times while investigating issues with my pool so thought I would register and ask everyone a question! :)

I'm thinking about taking advantage of the remote control functionality on our Raypack 266 heater and was wondering what system(s) are out there that would be compatible? Not looking for anything complicated just temperature would be fine. Any suggestions/Recommendations? I see in the manual and on the board that there are connections for such a feature. I am quite technical (IT pro by trade) so WiFi setups, etc don't bother me and would probably be preferred rather than burying a cable to run from my pool shed up to the deck or worse - inside the house (don't want to mess with insulation, drywall etc.).

Thanks in advance guys!

Welcome to TFP!

I setup an Intermatic PE653rc to do the same thing and am happy with it (I lucked out and got it for $275 on amazon). There are a few other low cost options out there that weren't available when I got mine but I can't speak to those.

The control unit goes outside by the pad ... it comes with a Z wave remote and the antenna can be relocated using CAT5e.

:)

I would have easily pulled the trigger in the PE653rc if my pool equipment wasn't 100' from the rest of the house and my other automation equipment. I have a lot of Z-wave love.

To the OP: Get the PE653, the two sensors for water & air temp, and a Vera Lite from Mi Casa Verde to control it. There's a huge thread on the PE653rc on the Mi Casa forums.

I think I'm going to go with the Autelis for my EasyTouch since I have great WiFi coverage via a 2nd access point at my pool.

The Vera isnt 100% yet ... homeseer may actually get there first.

As a standalone it is the bees knees, from a zWave standpoint it does some interesting implementation of things like the thermostat and switching from pool to spa if you make the Vera or the Homeseer the primary controller.

Short version: it will do what you want NOW, in the future you may be able to program it into full house automation scenes with a zWave home controller.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.