Adapter B for hose connection

Apr 9, 2014
San Diego
Has anyone had experience with having to purchase these adaptors after upgrading pump and filter? Pool came with 1 1/4 and I need 1 1/2 connections. Do I just hook them up or do I need to hook them to plunger? My pump didn't come with plungers so all I have is the outlets protruding from pool like two hollow rubber cylinders.

I just did this to my intex pool!

2upuvepu.jpg

ny5yte3u.jpg

zyja5ygy.jpg

uqyhapag.jpg

3uquhuqe.jpg

ebe2y6en.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for taking the time to post pics. So you basically just used the O ring as a guide and cut inside edge of circle, then pushed B Adapter through? Are you also planning on using plunger valves? Thanks again for the help!!! I'll appreciate as many details as possible. Great photos.

Hi James... No I'm not using the plunger valves.... I did take the nuts off them though, they may come in handy... I've decided to go with 50mm PVC elbows and ball valves with soft pvc hose... I have a rectangle pool and the walls tend to move heaps....

Yes the O ring that came with the new strainers (separately purchased) was what I used as a guide... You have to cut outside the sharpie drawn line, otherwise the fitting will be too snug and cause the liner to catch and cause leaks.....

Hope this helps... :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks. So, Neither of you recommend using the B Adapters? I am waiting for the B adapters and the plunger valves to come in the mail( purchased separately). I was originally under the impression that the only conversion parts needed were the b adapters, then was told I needed the plunger valves also to connect to the b adaptors. I'm still trying to figure out the purpose of the b adapter, looking at pics it looks like one end slides into the rubber casing protruding from pool (1 1/4") and the other side connects to 1 1/2" hose? But what you are both saying is the B adapters are not needed, I can just connect the plunger valves instead (but would have to cut a bigger hole in pool) my pump didn't come with any extra fiitting or adapters, guess the seller was a bit frugal.

I recommended the larger strainer valves because in my experience and that of others they don't work. You have a constant suction side leak, and the return side tends to blow off.

Sorry I didn't go into these details in my original answer.

You are well ahead if you buy the large strainer assemblies or go to regular pool fittings for hard plumbing.

Charlie is right... The large strainer connections are the way to go... :) I love mine... I'm going to overkill my pool with 2 inch hoses and connections... I just have to find a pump and cartridge filter I like with 2 inch connections... :)

Thanks everyone!!! I successfully cut bigger holes and put in plunger valves. Thanks to this Site I'm finding all the solutions to my challenges. What is the "larger strainer valve"? I installed the plunger valve set recommended in previous reply to this thread. My next challenge is finding a way to vacuum pool. I have 1 1/4 hose and need to attach it to coupling on intake of plunger valve inside pool wall. Looks like the thread is 3.25" on inner (inside liner wall) and just over 4". There are two threaded male ends on plunger valve (inside wall side). It'd be nice if I could screw on some sort of nut that tapered down to 1 1/4" to push vac hose over it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.