Green mess help please

sfbeca

Jul 9, 2008
Napa, CA
Ok..........so the holes are repaired, the liner is back were it belongs(or at least it is working were it is) The water levels are good enough to run the pump. I decieded to add "Shock" to the pool because I have 8 kids coming over this afternoon. THE POOL TURNED YELLOW GREEN!!!!! We dont have a great test kit, but here is what I have.

Cholorine about 2.0
PH 7.6
ALK 200

I went to the pool calculator that said I need to add both chlorine and acid to lower the ph.........can this be fixed in about ohhhh 3 hours.

Rebecca

sfbeca said:
Ok..........so the holes are repaired, the liner is back were it belongs(or at least it is working were it is) The water levels are good enough to run the pump. I decieded to add "Shock" to the pool because I have 8 kids coming over this afternoon. THE POOL TURNED YELLOW GREEN!!!!! We dont have a great test kit, but here is what I have.

Cholorine about 2.0
PH 7.6
ALK 200

I went to the pool calculator that said I need to add both chlorine and acid to lower the ph.........can this be fixed in about ohhhh 3 hours.

Rebecca
Why would it take 3 hours to add chlorine and acid?

Ok, got it. :goodjob:

Not sure how long it will take though. I guess it depends on what is causing the pool to be green. I can't really tell too much from the numbers you posted. Perhaps someone else might have a suggestion.

I doubt it will be fixed in 3 hours.

Can you post pics so we can seeeeeee toooooooooooo? :mrgreen:

Thanks guys.........but I called the local pool guy and he said because we are on a well, the cemicals interact with the iron in the water and that it just takes time to filter out. I had him test the water (he does it for free) and he said besides that I have lots of cholrine, everything else is good, so I just have to clean the filter every couple hours and wait it out.

Appriciate all the input that comes from the people here.

Thanks again

sfbeca said:
I didnt write them down.............Just took his word that they were OK

He's in control of your pool. You can be in control of your pool too, if you want to learn how. Visit Pool School. Then when stuff like this happens, you'll know what to do and you won't have to pay a pb to fix it. :-D

Your PH is fine, you don't need acid for that. Your Alkalinity, however, is very high.

If you have metals in your water, you need a metal sequesterant.

Hope this helps :wave:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.