Wrinkle in new vinyl liner

deenamccauley

LifeTime Supporter
May 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
We put in a new liner last fall before we closed. Opened this season and it was perfect.
I've now got a wrinkle in the liner. When we phoned the pool place they told us it's because we keep our pool too warm?????
That just didn't make sense to me as it happened after 3 days of very cool temperatures here. And.....we keep our pool around 28/29 C which I didn't think was that warm.
Does this sound reasonable to anyone out there who works for pool stores or has had vinyl liner wrinkles?
Thanks

100,000 litre sports pool

Have you had a lot of rain lately? It could be there is some ground water behind the liner and that is causing the wrinkle.

The warm water thing I don't understand, unless they are saying the the warmth of the water made the liner more pliable, and therefore more wrinkly??

You can get it out with a toilet plunger. I would personally see if the pool company would come out and do it, but it sounds like they are balking at the idea....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.