Hayward Colorlogic light is flashing???

Jun 30, 2007
Spring,Tx
We put in our pool just under a year ago. We have the colorlogic LED light and last night the light on certain colors started flashing like it had disco fever. I'm sure its under warranty but just getting your thoughts?? And no it wasn't on the mardi gras program thats supposed to flash and change colors rapidly.....

That was my thoughts when I spoke with the folks at Hayward. I saw the price for the whole unit was just over 400 bucks... Even if its still covered within the first year, what happens next year?? I'm hoping this is just some fluke thing, with LED lights I thought they would last forever.... That's why I'm interested in if anyone else has had this type of problem? As a side note we did have a lightening strike in our back yard about a month ago. It fried our dsl modem, and we had to get new a new land line ran through our back yard. But the light worked fine for several weeks after that, who knows.

With recent violent electrical storms in our area, I've had to replace ~ 12 under 2 year old lights for a variety of reasons, including the 'disco' effect you're talking about. We've been sending them back as warranty issues - but I haven't gotten any feedback on whether (weather :lol: ) or not the claims are being accepted.

It is true that LEDs themselves have a life span of 100,000 hours, however, in a LED light unit, there are many supporting electronic components that have much shorter life span, any failure of those components will cause the whole unit to fail.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.