Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Colorlogic light is flashing???

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Colorlogic light is flashing???

We put in our pool just under a year ago. We have the colorlogic LED light and last night the light on certain colors started flashing like it had disco fever. I'm sure its under warranty but just getting your thoughts?? And no it wasn't on the mardi gras program thats supposed to flash and change colors rapidly.....
    16k I.G. Gunite, SWCG, 1.5hp Hayward Pump, .75hp Booster Pump w/ Hayward Phantom Cleaner,Hayward C5025, swimclear cartridge filter, 400k Hayward heater.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward Colorlogic light is flashing???

Well I just got a hold of hayward, the rep said the light needs replaced. It's still under covered as it is under a year old. Has anyone elsse had problems with these lights?
    16k I.G. Gunite, SWCG, 1.5hp Hayward Pump, .75hp Booster Pump w/ Hayward Phantom Cleaner,Hayward C5025, swimclear cartridge filter, 400k Hayward heater.

3. Back To Top    #3

We've only had ours for a few months, but now you're making me nervous. Those things aren't cheap.

Haven't had any problems though. (Knock on wood)
    Good Times

4. Back To Top    #4

That was my thoughts when I spoke with the folks at Hayward. I saw the price for the whole unit was just over 400 bucks... Even if its still covered within the first year, what happens next year?? I'm hoping this is just some fluke thing, with LED lights I thought they would last forever.... That's why I'm interested in if anyone else has had this type of problem? As a side note we did have a lightening strike in our back yard about a month ago. It fried our dsl modem, and we had to get new a new land line ran through our back yard. But the light worked fine for several weeks after that, who knows.

5. Back To Top    #5

With recent violent electrical storms in our area, I've had to replace ~ 12 under 2 year old lights for a variety of reasons, including the 'disco' effect you're talking about. We've been sending them back as warranty issues - but I haven't gotten any feedback on whether (weather ) or not the claims are being accepted.
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

6. Back To Top    #6

It is true that LEDs themselves have a life span of 100,000 hours, however, in a LED light unit, there are many supporting electronic components that have much shorter life span, any failure of those components will cause the whole unit to fail.
    OH TWINS
    San Juan 8500 gal Fiberglass Pool, Sta-Rite Max-E 1 HP pump, Star-Rite System 3 Cartridge Filter 300 sq. ft,
    Sta-Rite Max-E 200,000 BTU gas heater, Aqua Logic SWG with P-4 panel. Goldline wireless remote control,
    3 Jandy Neverlube Valves with Goldline motorized control, iRobot Verro 500 pool cleaner
    5 Poolstar 1000 LED Lights, LED strip light at waterfall, Prozone Ozonator PZ7 with degasser column,
    Jandy Auto Waterfill, Aquamatic motorized pool cover, Poolbuster Max CC handheld vacuum.