New Lagoon in Central MA

kchamp

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 2, 2014
Central MA
Hi Everyone. Thank you for helping us get thru the incredibly long wait for our construction to begin. We have kept busy watching several other builds and attempting to learn as much as possible reading up in pool school.

We originally signed our contract with the PB back in December. Our planned start was mid May, of course that was "Weather Permitting"!!!! If you live up here in New England you all know the spring weather has been anything but permitting. Thankfully the big day has finally arrived. The PB called us to let us know he is planning to break ground tomorrow.

Below are a couple of Pic's with the Template on the ground:

https://flic.kr/p/nKBoFC

This Pic has the Pool outline in Orange and the current plan for the fence lined in white.
https://flic.kr/p/nKMRWT
Hopefully we will have more pic's tomorrow. Looking at the forecast there is a potential for thunder storms in the afternoon. Fingers are crossed the weather will hold out.

We appreciate all the well wishes. Unfortunately it looks like it may be a few more days before the PB makes it out after all. Appears the excavator has broken down and PB is waiting on the CAT mechanic to arrive. Hoping to get an update from him later this afternoon. :grrrr:

So we got the scoop from the PB. Looks like he will be coming early next week. The kids have their fingers crossed that the date doesn't change again.
2esegavy.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Lets hope for the kids sake he gets there and starts the build!!!

After a couple of false alarms we were cautiously optimistic that the PB was going to arrive today. We are happy to report that at 7:30am this morning we looked outside to see an excavator rolling into the yard.

Someone was wondering what was going on in her normally quiet back yard.

Unfortunately as the PB was digging he discovered the "Bury Hole" from the original home builder.

It appears every tree, rock, and stump cleared from the back yard ended up in that hole. We are very pleased with the PB. He dug down approx. 15 feet to get to the bottom of the Bury Hole to remove all the trees and stumps both in the pool and patio area to the left of the pool. This way the trees and stumps wont compost down to nothing and cause the pool or patio to sink and crack years down the road.

The Kids approve of the progress made today. Now everything is marked for them to complete the dig of the deep end tomorrow.

Today the PB finished the dig on the deep end. It really is amazing to see what a large piece of earth moving equipment can accomplish in about 90 minutes. Unfortunately weather is expected to be rain the next couple of days. It will be interesting to see how much we can fill the pool with rain water. :D

PB is planning to deliver the pool materials on Thursday and begin the construction of the walls on Friday. Hopefully we will have more to show off soon.

The whole experience is entertaining, everyone in the house has a Perma-Grin. We all run home at the end of the day and start texting anyone who is not here with pictures and progress updates. The kids are having fun with this seeing they are the first ones home.

Someone please tell me what I was thinking when I said no to DH when he wanted to buy an internet web cam to watch the build real time.... Oh wait, on second thought I probably wouldn't get any work done and by the time the pool was in I'd be unemployed and trying to figure out how to pay for it. Today's pic's are below:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.