Purex Triton Sea Horse - Any advice

Thanks frustratedpoolmom and randytsuch. It looks like a cartridge system and uses 4 cartridges.

I forgot to say that this pool was neglected for awhile by the previous owner and there is mosquito fish that was added by the city we also have to clean out. :shock:

CRG_80cc said:
Thanks frustratedpoolmom and randytsuch. It looks like a cartridge system and uses 4 cartridges.

I forgot to say that this pool was neglected for awhile by the previous owner and there is mosquito fish that was added by the city we also have to clean out. :shock:

EWE. There was a thread on here about the Mosquito fish.... I think the city might be willing to take back the live fish?

Here's an article today in the San Francisco Chronicle about the mosquito fish

SD County needs more fish to fight West Nile virus

07-11) 10:44 PDT San Diego, CA (AP) --

Fish that munch on the larvae of mosquitoes that can carry the West Nile virus are in short supply in San Diego County.

The mosquito fish, a type of small freshwater fish, have been late to breed this year, said John Riggs, the county's supplier in Barstow.

Earlier this year, the county ordered 425 pounds of the fish for $15,000 to release in standing water, where female mosquitoes lay their eggs.

Riggs expects to fill the county's order by early August.

A total of 72 birds in the county have been infected with the West Nile virus, compared to six at this time last year, said county vector control program manager Kerry McNeill.

Mosquitoes can spread the disease to birds, horses and people.

McNeill said residents concerned about standing pools of water that attract mosquitoes should call vector control.

Members of the county's 21-person environmental health team will then visit the site and decide how many fish will be used.

The fish are especially in demand for ponds and abandoned swimming pools on foreclosed properties.

In previous years, county officials obtained enough mosquito fish to supply nurseries, pet stores and aquariums, which then distributed the fish to residents, McNeill said.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have this same exact filter and was told (by a pool company), "...you have a D.E. Filter which filters down to a smaller micron than cartridge." Judging from the responses, I feel like I actually have a cartridge filter and from comparing pictures online of the 2 filter types they look fairly similar. Any help as to which kind I have? Any reason as to why I was told me it's a DE if in fact it is a cartridge?

Thanks

I'll have to open it up and see once I get home. My wife was home when the company came for the initial assessment of our pool and they informed her it was a DE filter. I checked out all our equipment last night to make sure my signature here was up to par and noticed it read "Sea Horse Cartridge Filter." I emailed them again to clarify, and they stated again that it is a DE filter. I found this topic and noticed that I have the exact same looking filter so it has me questioning it again? By your response, does that mean that this piece of equipment is interchangeable? As in you choose one or the other and continue with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.