Opening Day

May 26, 2014
Secaucus, NJ
Hello,

I am from NJ and have a Morada RTR Supreme Oval - 15' x 30' x 54" with a Pentair Clean & Clear 150 sq' Cartridge Filter w/ 1 - 1/2 HP.

I tested with K-2006 and here are the results on opening day:

FC - .6 ppm
CC - 0
ph - 7.4
TA - 100 ppm
CYA - <30
CH- 100

Any advise on how to proceed would be appreciated. Thank you.

Welcome! :wave:

Did the CYA test get cloudy at all? And what does the water look like? Clear? Cloudy? Green?

The reason I ask is because this year we've had a lot of cases of CYA breaking down over winter into ammonia. My advice is to add bleach to get to 10 FC and let it mix half an hour (including brushing), and then repeat the FC & CC tests. If CC has gone way up, you have ammonia. The cure for it is lots and lots and lots of bleach. If, on the other hand, FC is down a little and CC isn't too high, it's probably not ammonia, and so you just need to add some CYA and adjust the FC. No matter what, if it's green, you need a SLAM. Post results after you dose it with bleach and someone will be along to guide you.

I think you are looking good.
check you PH and make any adjustment to that you might want to do.
Just before dark, I would say maybe check your FC again and if necessary bring it to the recommended level. Check your CC again too.

Early in the morning, check FC again and its still where it was before dark, then you should be good to go! If so bring your CYA to your recommended level.

looks good so far!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.