Paver Quesstion

From what I've read here, the trick setup is to set the pavers directly on the dirt and cut out the foam board to excatly fit and hold them in position.

Try the search box using paver foam intex or some combination thereof. If you look for the
paperclip.png
icon in the list, that tells you which ones have pictures

How is it with just sand?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I just used sand after making a level spot and I don't see any trouble doing it that way other than leveling and tamping the sand is more labor intensive than cutting and taping foam board. The sand is way cheaper than the foam board as well.

I put my pavers on the ground and dug the high ones down so they were all at the same level then filled in with sand and tamped and leveled it out. I put a tarp over that and then the pool.

If I ever get to redo my liner, I want the foam boards. :mrgreen: I'm getting so spoiled hanging around here for so long... :lol:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I just put up that same pool using 3/4" foam. What I did was leveled an area a bit bigger than the pool with my neighbors skid steer (whew!) and then had gravel screenings brought in. I fine tuned the area with the screenings and the board w/level like in your picture. I put the 3/4" foam over that and taped the seems with Tyvek tape. I then assembled the top of the frame, positioned it in the center of the foam, and marked the location for my pavers. I bought 6x9 2" pavers from Lowes. Next, I used a box cutter to cut out a spot for each paver and dug them out with small garden tools. Like with leveling, put in a little extra time here to make sure all your pavers are level. I put a tarp over all of that and then the pool.

I'm not sure how much of that method is overkill but it made sense to me at the time :). In hindsight, I would have used bigger pavers and spent more time making sure they were all level with each other. The legs on my pool have started to creep towards the back of some of the pavers so I may have to cut out some more foam and try to move them back a bit. Also, had I spent more time in the initial leveling stage, I probably could have avoided the screenings. My pool has been up for a couple weeks now and seems to be doing good. Hopefully it will stay that way!

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

The only reason I wish I would have splurged on the foam board, is the sand tends to get footprints and such in it when you are setting up your pool. We even have two dimples where the ladder was sitting when we got in to work on wrinkles.

I found a new reason the night before last after installing my skimmer that I hadn't noticed before which I think can be contributed to the sand... NO SEEUMS! Maybe I would have had them anyway, but I only remember seeing them around sand in the past.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.