large hole in liner of pool

May 26, 2014
east tn
well, we did not close the pool last year like we were supposed to, not enough time/help. most of the water drained on it's own. we emptied out the whole pool and cleaned it (27' round--about 5-6 yrs old) and found a rock had worked it's way through the liner and put a hole about 1 1/2 inches diameter. it also looks like the liner is cracked a little near that area--not sure if it's cracked or just ripped by the pressure of the rock. i don't have lots of experience with the pool thing. we just patched it using the boxer adhesive repair kit. i don't really want to replace the liner as i am going through a divorce and not sure if myself and the kids are going to keep the house or not (the hubby has stopped helping doing anything here, so it is just me and the kids fixing everything). some of the dirt was moved from under where the hole is, so i put a small piece of the vinyl into the hole then put a large piece of vinyl repair on top of it with the adhesive. does anyone know if this will help to fix it, or am i just wasting my money for this season and should i take the pool down? or how hard would it be for myself and two girl teens to replace the liner (could i just put a new one on top if it?) sorry this is so long. any and all help is appreciated!!

Welcome to TFP!

It should be possible to fix a hole that is 1.5" or so without too much trouble. You need a vinyl liner patch kit, then just follow the directions.

Installing a new liner is much more expensive and physically demanding. See if you can patch it before going that route.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.