Encouragement for Newbies! Mesh cover off to swimming in 36 hours! Hang in there!!

Maria

LifeTime Supporter
May 22, 2007
West Chester, PA
Good morning!

I've been reading many of the posts from folks new to the TFPC and SLAMing for the first time. We found the site in 2007, and have been using our knowledge of the BBB method (that has now been fancied up with new acronyms--love it!) since then.

I am posting here as ENCOURAGEMENT! HANG IN THERE! Read pool school over and over until it begins to make sense. Ask questions! (always post your latest test results) Go ahead and buy the test kit--it will save you hundreds of dollars and your stomach lining.

Remember the "M" in slamming! Maintain that chlorine level until you are sure you have won the battle! If you have pea soup with floating sludge islands like we did 2 years ago, this may take several days.

This year we removed the cover from our pool after dinner on Friday night. We have a mesh cover which means there was quite a bit of gunk and many leaves in the water. The water was light green, with patches of algae just getting a toe hold. The walls and bottom were brown with dirt. There were several huge spiders with egg sacs swimming around.

But we knew what to do! We were NOT intimidated!​

Here is a pix of DH jumping into the crystal clear, albeit COLD water Sunday afternoon!

Johnjumpinginpool_zps315f2b12.jpg

Isn't this what it's all about! Hang in there!

:goodpost:

:party:

:goodjob:

:cheers:

Good morning!

I've been reading many of the posts from folks new to the TFPC and SLAMing for the first time. We found the site in 2007, and have been using our knowledge of the BBB method (that has now been fancied up with new acronyms--love it!) since then.

I am posting here as ENCOURAGEMENT! HANG IN THERE! Read pool school over and over until it begins to make sense. Ask questions! (always post your latest test results) Go ahead and buy the test kit--it will save you hundreds of dollars and your stomach lining.

Remember the "M" in slamming! Maintain that chlorine level until you are sure you have won the battle! If you have pea soup with floating sludge islands like we did 2 years ago, this may take several days.

This year we removed the cover from our pool after dinner on Friday night. We have a mesh cover which means there was quite a bit of gunk and many leaves in the water. The water was light green, with patches of algae just getting a toe hold. The walls and bottom were brown with dirt. There were several huge spiders with egg sacs swimming around.

But we knew what to do! We were NOT intimidated!​

Here is a pix of DH jumping into the crystal clear, albeit COLD water Sunday afternoon!

Johnjumpinginpool_zps315f2b12.jpg

Isn't this what it's all about! Hang in there!

Hi cottiellee! I have the pool deck power washed professionally by a service that knows what they are doing around the pool every other year or so. He uses 12% bleach because the concrete is so old and rough that black and green mold grow and NOTHING will get it out. In the off years I just use my little power washer to get rid of the dirt that collects under the cover...hope that helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.