Heater help

threps

May 26, 2014
Canada
Just bought a house with a pool, tried to start the heater. Pilot light works while pressing pilot light button but shuts off as soon as I let go. I have held it for 4 minutes and tried multiple times, no luck. I have a Hayward comfortzone CZ250. I'm trying to clean the pilot assembly but can't get to it, I am trying to take out burner drawer but all screws are out and it moves but I can't pull it out, is anyone familiar with this model and have some advice for me?
Thanks so much

Sounds like the thermopile isn't working and needs to be replaced. That unit is old and you would have to get generic parts to fix it as parts for this unit are scarce. There is also another possibility and that could be that the gas valve is faulty and the portion of the valve that is supposed to stay open to allow the pilot to continue to burn is bad. In that case a new valve is needed. How can you tell if you need a new valve? You need a multi meter to read the milivolts that the pilot is generating.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.