Fell asleep with sump on....ugh

Apr 9, 2013
Kids were splashing a lot of water out last night so my intention was to lower the water by 2", um yeah then I fell asleep. Party's in 6 hours, it's down 14", any chance it can refill in time? Existing water us 74 hose water is 59, I'm not even sure it'll be warm enough. Pump ran dry for several hours as well, it was still working when I shut it off though.

huve8y3a.jpg

You should be able to raise the water that much, though it is going to be close. If possible run more than one garden hose out to the pool, more hoses means a quicker fill.

As long as you have a very warm sunny day cool water is kind of nice.

Reminds me of when "somebody" left the filter set to waste on ours last summer overnight. Pump wasn't on but it had drained down to about a foot of water left in the shallow end. I feel your pain. Of course ours was like an 8-10 hour fill I think. I would think you can get that up pretty quickly.

I forgot the hose in the pool when I was filling once. That was enough.

Now as soon as I drop it in, I go set the kitchen timer on the stove for half an hour so I don't forget.

Once burned is twice learned!

Have you considered installing an overflow by drilling a hole in the skimmer, above normal and below the rim, and installing a fitting and hose to take it far way from the pool base?

I forgot the hose in the pool when I was filling once. That was enough.

Now as soon as I drop it in, I go set the kitchen timer on the stove for half an hour so I don't forget.

Once burned is twice learned!

Have you considered installing an overflow by drilling a hole in the skimmer, above normal and below the rim, and installing a fitting and hose to take it far way from the pool base?

I have now lol. Seems like a great way to "set it and forget it".

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.