Cloudy water

Eserna

May 13, 2014
Castroville, tx
I had very high cya so I drained pool and refilled. Have started using 8.25% bleach to chlorinate. Used pool math recommendations to balance water. Right now my water is cloudy and I need help. Here are my readings:
Hardness 500
TC 10
FC 10
pH 8
TA 200
CYA 40

I added 121 oz of bleach about 4 hours ago which is why the chlorine is high. I added 20oz of dry acid about an hour ago. I don't see algae on walls but the water is cloudy. Not sure what to do at this point. Should I use a clarifier? I

12,500 gl fiberglass inground pool with cartridge filter.

We don't generally recommend using clarifier. Give the filter time to do it's job. How has your filter pressure been behaving?

Keep working on getting the PH down. You can lower PH to 7.2 each time until TA comes down to something more reasonable.

What kind of cloudy: murky gray/green cloudy, or light white fluffy cloudy, etc?

The cloudiness might be calcium clouding. Your TA is quite high. If your CH level is also high that could easily cause calcium clouding. If that is the issue, lowering the PH and TA should clear up the water, though without knowing your CH level I can't say how much you need to lower PH and TA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.