Dead in the water

May 22, 2014
East Kentucky
I've been struggling with algae for weeks. I've dumped hundreds of dollars of chemicals into my 25,000gal in-ground with little results. Finally I broke down and took a water sample to my local pool store. $250 later they sold everything that I would need to get the water right and they reassured me that I would have crystal clear water in 3 days. With professional help I added 25 pounds of ALK up. 5 pounds of pH up. 25 pounds of calcium hardness. 8 chlorinator tablets. 5 pounds of turbo shock and last but not least one bottle of 60% algicide. I brushed the walls and floor, set the pump on flow 3 and sat back and waited for my water to clear. It has been about 48 hours and it has gotten worse! Is my filter working? I'm at a total loss and this pool has defeated me. What should I do?

Taking care of your pool starts with knowing what is going on with the water, and that means reliable test results. You would be shocked if you knew how often pool stores test results are wildly wrong. By far the best way to get reliable test results is to buy your own top quality test kit.

Sounds like nothing's changed since you posted three days ago except that your wallet is lighter and your pool is not.

The advice is still the same. Start with accurate test results.

You know where you want to go - clear sparkling water - but without knowing where you are, you have no idea which way to go. All these expensive potions and powders - some of them could be raising the stabilizer to such high numbers that the only recourse is to drain!

Here's a recent succes story. If you do what she did, you'll get the same results. http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/73523-Should-I-just-give-up-Can

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.