Went on vacation

Hey folks. Ive been reading this forum almost daily for a long time now... but I try not to post very much. Anyhoo, I just got back from a 7 day absence from my pool and everything was 100% fine! :-D Due to all of the information here at TFP.

Before I left, I dumped in exactly enough bleach to bring my FC up to shock value. It just so happens that with my solar cover, I lost exactly enough chlorine to keep (almost) enough chlorine needed to keep my pool perfect for a whole week. (usually I keep my chlorine about 4ppm and today when I returned, it was at 3ppm)

Without this forum, I would have just added some chlorine and hoped for the best while I was gone. Now that not saying that I didnt have a backup plan. I did have someone come by about everyday to test the water but they didnt have to add anything at all the whole time I was gone.

Needless to say, I wouldnt have had this sort of experience without this forum. I even had a bleach jug marked for how much it takes to increase my chlorine up to 3 PPM for the person looking out for my pool. (again thats all due to this forum)

I just wanted to say thank you again for all of the information here and that it has been a huge help for such a newbie as myself. And tomorrow morning I plan on using my TFP Test kit to do a complete test of my pool to ensure that it stays clean and not GREEN!! :p

Thanks folks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.