Pentair MiniMax NT does not ignite - error E05

You should have 120 going to the ignitor. If you are really only seeing 70, then it sounds to me like the ignition control module is having issues. If the ignitor were an open, then it is faulty.

Pentair MiniMax NT

How to remove and clean burners?
Is it right, the gas travel as red arrows on my picture? I just surprised that there is a lot of space between a burner orifice and a burning chamber (pink arrows).
Do I need to rotate/remove a gas pipe (blue arrow) or 4 bolts (green arrow)?
heater5.jpg

Re: Pentair MiniMax NT

It looks to me that he took the whole heater apart. The amount of space between the orifices and burner tube is there to allow the gas and air to mix to the proper ratio to burn properly. Not sure on how those burners come out. It looks like you may need to remove the corroded plate above them at least. It may be possible that each tube can be raised up in the back ad slid out. Paul or one of the other guys that work on these may be along later to better advise.

The guy on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDf_i6q5GB4
recommends to remove a main gas pipe and slide whole burner tray out.
If it is the only way, then those engineers are not smart.
I would try to remove an orifice and release the burner.

Is it common practice, to use matches to check if an orifice runs a gas? It seems my heater release the gas at right time and shots down the valve if no flame. The igniter gets hot red at right time then turns off.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Do you need to remove the burners for a particular reason? Is the unit burning bad? If you remove the plate above the burners, you can see pretty good inside to visually inspect the burners.

- - - Updated - - -

This guy managed to open the back door. How??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17fQOcAB9v0

The unit he is working on is an older Raypak from what it looks like. They are easy to get into.

ps0303,
My heater does not burn. The igniter gets hot red, the gas valve clicks, I can smell gas for 2-3 sec, the gas valve clicks closed, the igniter goes off. All in right sequence.

I think that orifices need to be clean. To remove them I will need to remove burners as well.

Is it right that I need to remove the main gas pipe as on videos above, then get all burner tray out?
No other way?
What do I do after that? How to remove burners? Do I unscrew something on the back of the burner tray?

What if I try to remove burner orifices without unscrewing some panel on the back of the burner tray?
Will it work? Or the back panel removal on the burner tray is must?

My main gas pipe has no way to hold a tool. And after years of rusting will be painful to remove it.

2cz5wxu.jpg

2ztamhh.jpg

Why do you think they need to be cleaned? With the correct wire, you can clean them without removing them. The best thing, if you haven't done so already, is to remove the plate above the burners and observe what happens when the unit lights up. Again, if your are having issues with it lighting and going out within 4 second, then you need to look at the flame sensor. Pulling burners and orifices is not always needed and more of a pain. Especially of the bolts that hold the burner tray in are rusted and you snap one off.

What do you mean by "unit lights up"?
I removed the panel. I could see the igniter gets hot red, I can smell a gas after the gas valve clicks, but no fire. Then the gas valve clicks off, no smell of gas after that. The same time the igniter does off. It repeats x3 times and gives an error E05.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.