HEAVY rain, dead bird, backwashed, here are my #s.

triplets&quads

LifeTime Supporter
May 28, 2008
North Carolina
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
We just had a huge rainstorm that dumped more than an inch of water into my already full pool. I went out to backwash some of the water and I took out the skimmer basket that was so thick with rose petals, leaves and a dead bird :shaking:, now I need to adjust my numbers, but what do I adjust first?

FC 6
TC 6
PH more than 7.5, less than 7.8
TA 80
CYA 45
Salt 3390 (this is fine)

My FC usually falls in the evening, but we have had a lot of clouds and rain for days, so no one has been swimming and the chlorine has been staying at 6. Should I have my FC lower?

Without help from this site, I would not have a beautiful pool and for that, I just became a lifetime member! Thank you, Nancy

Looks fine to me. If you develop any cc's above .5 in the next day or two, go ahead and shock.

What is your SWCG's recommendation for CYA? The normal for SWG pools is 60-60 so if yours doesn't recommend a lower number I'd consider upping the CYA.

If the FC is holding then that's great!

According to my AquaTrol, ideal range is:

FC 1-3 (I've hardly ever have my FC lower than 4)
PH 7.2-7.6
TA 80-120
CYA 60-80
Salt 2700-3400

I have not had to shock my pool since I started it up in May thanks to the SWG! I am thinking I need to lower my Ph, raise my CYA and maybe adjust my TA. The TA has been staying at 80, so maybe it is alright?

What would I adjust first?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.