Existing backyard Drain on pool location

norwei

May 22, 2014
Brentwood, CA
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and also a first time pool owner. We just bought the Intex 18' x 48" round pool 4 days ago and I started removing the sod in my backyard to level the site following the sound advice of people in this site. And after leveling, I will put play sand before I set up the pool. I have also decided to dig a trench and install a GFCI outlet about 6' from the edge pool because the pool is too far from the nearest wall outlet in our backyard. I am also capping off the sprinklers on the pool location. So I hope I am doing the right thing.

My concern now is the existing backyard drain that I uncovered when I removed the sod. If you can visualize the pool in 4 quadrants, the drain sits in the middle of one of the quadrants. I can't move the pool site because that is the only place available for the pool. As you can imagine, the ground slopes towards the drain. So I am not sure what to do. And I have read that if you want to level the ground, use the lowest point as your point of reference. Should I relocate the drain, cover it or just leave it alone? There are other existing drain locations in our backyard.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.