Leveling issues

Jun 27, 2013
west fargo
Hello,
Ok I have been trying to level my yard for a long time now about 3 weeks off and on.
The question I have I have seen videos of people using the 2x4 hooked to a stake in the center of the circle.
I have done this but then I try to use a cheap Laser level from harbor freight and it tells me I am still off but a inch or 2.
I am wondering if maybe I am using the Laser level incorrectly. Do you need to start in the center of the circle and measure to the outer edge?
Or do you measure from outside the circle and check different points with in the circle area?

Thanks any help would be great I have no clue on why I am off one minute and the next measurement it is correct.

I'm not well versed on these levels but I watched the guy who did my pool and he set the laser on the first paver and his son held it while he went around with the other one setting the rest of the pavers. Once it was close, it would beep a solid sound if I remember correctly.

I just leveled mine using a laser. The laser I rented told me how far I was out, so I'm within .4 of an inch. The laser I rented was self leveling and it cost $40 for the day. Your probably just wasting time with your laser. Sell it and rent a good one!

One thing I did was use Styrofoam sheets under the pool last season. It really helped retain the heat instead of losing it through the ground. I threw the intex cover in the garbage and bought a quality (clear solar cover) along with a two cedar posts and a reel. This made a big difference and the reel made it much easier to put on and take off. Also bought the Eco saver solar panels and we hit a temperature of 89 degrees and we live in Canada near Seattle. I couldn't believe how warm the pool was! :O

Thanks Casey I just can't seem to get it right now sure why one minute it seems right the next it seems off.

I seen the videos of the 2x4 that seems to work for me and be correct but then I try it again and it is off just seems odd.
I will try the paver to paver approach.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.