16" ultra frame leaking with 3-4" of water in it....idea's on what to do??

Jun 7, 2013
Hey Guy's and gals!

I have a 16ft Intex Ultra frame pool and we are about to use if for our 3rd season. It has been great so far but just after setting it up and placing the pool on 8 4x8 sheets of Styrofoam, it's leaking water. I just put in roughly 3" of water and when I was trimming the foam, I noticed that there was water coming out from between the liner and the Styrofoam.

So my question is what is the best way to check for leaks? Can I leave the pool up? What should I be looking for? Are there obvious spots that may leak etc?

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers!
Matt

Re: 16" ultra frame leaking with 3-4" of water in it....idea's on what to do??

Check the seams first. Then if water covered the drain opening I would check and make sure it was capped correctly. Check the areas where you were trimming foam and make sure you didn't nick the liner, then just check the floor of the pool.

Agree with Zea!

Thank you for the replies!

If it's along the bottom seam where it meets the wall, is that fatal for this liner? Hopefully it isn't near impossible to find!

We had a similar situation when filling our Easy Set Intex this year. We had a few inches of water in it, so I slowly lifted the edge as the water worked back. The wife dried it with a towel. We set it back down for a bit, then lifted it back up. We were then able to find the pin hole that was about a foot in from the edge by the newly leaked water. Luckily it was pretty close to the edge, so we were able to find it from the out side. From the inside it was just a very tiny dark dot.

I'm not sure if you can use the same method with an Ultra Frame or not.

We had a similar situation when filling our Easy Set Intex this year. We had a few inches of water in it, so I slowly lifted the edge as the water worked back. The wife dried it with a towel. We set it back down for a bit, then lifted it back up. We were then able to find the pin hole that was about a foot in from the edge by the newly leaked water. Luckily it was pretty close to the edge, so we were able to find it from the out side. From the inside it was just a very tiny dark dot.

I'm not sure if you can use the same method with an Ultra Frame or not.

Thanks for that! Sounds like a headache that I'll have to do. Did you take the legs off the pool?

I wonder how you can tell that it's in a seam leaking? Dye test?

You can try using some food coloring along the seam. If you can narrow down the area it may be leaking from it will take less time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.