Well, this should be interesting....

dyta2aru.jpg

9u2a8ege.jpg

Ok. I would thin clarity would start coming around. More blue. (Bottom of liner is a deep blue)

Seems like each day one more stair is visible.

Lost the leaf rake somewhere near the drain this afternoon and haven't been able to fish it out unfortunately. Polaris is kicking butt though.

I have to go back to work Tuesday afternoon and won't be around to mess with it until the weekend. I'm really hoping those few days are the "drift FC back to normal" days.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I will try to get some pics of it when I get back unless my wife can get it to scrape off or vacuum out between now and then. In the pics, it's just to the right of where the polaris attaches just to the right of the bend at the junction of the shallow and deep end. Irregularly shaped white scaly substance. I think it may have been on the walls cause I had to brush like crazy to get the walls smooth before the clarity improved. Never could see the spots until just recently but could "feel" them while brushing. Whatever it is, it's rough, and its stubborn. Almost reminds me of calcification scale you might see on dishes.

Regarding your Fiberstars lighting, I have one of these, too. At first we didn't even know what it was (just bought the house in February) and one night my wife turned it on and was all excited to get me outside to look at the lights in the dark. Up until that point we thought only the pedestal lit up. The fibers run around the perimeter of the pool. They were quite dim.

I spent an afternoon taking apart and cleaning the whole pedestal out. Lot of bugs and cobwebs and dirt. I cleaned off the bulb, the color wheel (actually a square) and the optical light input bulb beneath the light bulb. It didn't make a huge difference, but it is now brighter. I also cleaned out the fan, which wasn't spinning at all. It now works fine. The original company was bout out. New company can be found here: http://www.fiberstarspoolandspa.com/

They have an LED replacement system that is supposedly an easy swap to replace the fiber optic versions.

THanks....I cleaned ours out "fairly" well...I'm excited to see how well it lights up the water once the water is clear. As near as I can tell, there's just the one output under the diving board.

I'd be surprised if that was all you had. How many fiber optic bundles lead from under the bulb down into the base of the pedestal and into the ground? We have 7 or 8. Look around the edge if your pool just above the water line to see if there is a plastic tubing that is bonded to the side of the pool. That is where ours is. That tubing contains the fibers that transmit the light around the pool. I never even noticed ours for days until my wife turned it on one night. During the day you can barely see it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.