Hi everyone! Opening day ! Pulled back the tarp to see clear water! Thanks TFP!

wmorge

Jun 1, 2013
Terre Haute, Indiana
re3u4ejy.jpg

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Get some CYA in there (what is low anyways?) to protect your chlorine from the sun. :goodjob:

My CYA is 10 maybe?? lol The dot was seen with the water at the top of the test tube. So yes I added some stabilizer. My tarp is a tad too small for the pool which allowed the leaves to get under and trying to close while the leaves are falling!. : ) Betty ( auto cleaner ) has stirred things up so it's cloudy...Lost quite a bit of chlorine over night so it's not as clean as I hoped it would be on opening... but I am happy to see Semi clear water Vs swamp! and those worms.. :puker: Anyone else see this before? I have read that people find all kinds of critters in their pools : )

I am having some Calcium scaling on my steps. My CH is at 400. Indiana ground water is typically 180 ppm, very hard water . With last years clean up we replaced a lot of water due to back washing and then this year to fill to get things up and running so replacing water wont help much I think. Would adding Borax help?
FC 8.5
CC .5
PH 7.2
CH 400
TA 180
CYA is not yet reading but I should be within 30 to 40 range.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.