Polaris 280 overhaul

billyjoeraybob

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 9, 2008
SC Midlands
I have a Polaris 280 that I absolutely love. I have named him Mikey because he will eat just about anything. However, I think it's about time to give him an overhaul. Last year he was acting up(drive gear not engaging and slipping) so I took him apart and made some adjustments to the drive gears and wheels and was able to get him going again. Unfortunately at that time I adjusted him as far as he would go. So now I belive it is time for a rebuild. Any of you have any experience with this.

Hey Dennis. My 280 has been running 2-4 hrs a day for 4 years. We don't close our pool because we have an attached spa and use it year round. Mikey probably doesn't need a complete overhaul, but his rear wheel is slipping like the drive gear or the teeth on the inside edge of the wheel are worn. Last year I was able to adjust the wheels to engage the gear but I think I maxed out the adjustment so its probably time for some parts. Regardless he will be fixed. The 280 without a doubt was the best money I have spent.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.