Cloud/tiny bubbles coming from Aqua Rite SWG

May 24, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Hi guys, I had the no flow problem a few weeks ago with my Aqua Rite SWG and replaced the current limiter as per the "fix" that's circulating the internet. No more errors coming up on the board but I'm getting what appears to be a cloud coming out of the nozzles. I posted a youtube video to show you what's happening. I apologize for the bad focus. I think it got set when I began shooting but you should get the gist of the problem I'm having.
Any ideas or hypotheses? :) Thanks.

Hey and welcome to TFP. Bubbles are normal for a SWG but that white cloud, I am unsure of. It looks like your water has algae in it because it isn't that clear and you should actually stop using the SWG and manually dose the pool with liquid chlorine.

If you have a test kit, please post a full st of numbers and tell us what you're using. to test the water.

We see this in a couple of pools a year. It usually only lasts a few days, going away when the water gets in balance, or the temperature changes, or something we aren't sure of happens. The white cloud is a cloud of bubbles, and dissipates if given time. Something about the conditions mean that it dissipates more slowly than it is created.

In any case, I recommend that you more or less ignore the foaming, and start balancing all of your levels, and odds are the foaming will go away in a day or two.

We see this in a couple of pools a year. It usually only lasts a few days, going away when the water gets in balance, or the temperature changes, or something we aren't sure of happens. The white cloud is a cloud of bubbles, and dissipates if given time. Something about the conditions mean that it dissipates more slowly than it is created.

In any case, I recommend that you more or less ignore the foaming, and start balancing all of your levels, and odds are the foaming will go away in a day or two.

I'm sorta thinking along the same lines. The state of the pool is causing some sort of interference with the electrolysis process. I'll get back to you on the measurements in a bit. We have scattered thunder storms on the prairies after reaching 86F today. It's pouring rain right now.

Thanks for all the replies thus far! :)

I tested the pool tonight with an HTH test strip:
FCA = 10
TCI = 10
Alk = 120
pH = 7.8
TH = 450-800
CyA = 30-50

Salt = 3000 (per SWG)
Temp = 80F

Water still cloudy but not green cloudy. Shocked it a few nights ago. Added 400g of Pool Clarifier Granules (Aquarius) tonight to the skimmer. SWG is off.

Pool looked better this morning. I could see the bottom of the shallow end. Not covering the pool this year was a mistake. Decomposing oak leaves really mucks things up.
Measurements this morning:

FCA = 3
TCI = 3-5
Alk = 80-120
pH = 6.8-7.2
TH = 250-450
CyA 0-30
Salt 3000
Temp 78F

Added 300g of Stabilizer to the skimmer this moring. Leaving SWG off until I see some clear water.
CyA = 30-50

Salt = 3000 (per SWG)
Temp = 80F

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.