New IC40 reads salt higher than pool store tests

Jun 11, 2012
A few weeks ago I replaced my Intellichlor IC40. Seems to work fine (green lights, cell goes on), but when I bring my water samples in the pool store reading is always lower than what I get from the wall panel reading (about 500ppm lower). Is there anything can do to get the readings to better line up with the pool store readings? The store guys tell me to calibrate... but its a newer version (3.xx) and so it can't be calibrated (or so I have read).

Many thanks, both for the welcome and the response. I need to do a much better job taking care of the pool (its a 7 year old pool, so its time I learned to take better care of it!!). I will have all sorts of questions and appreciate all the advice and guidance!

I rely on the salt readings from the cell. When I opened my pool this year, I added salt based on the cell readings and it came out perfectly. I actually have strips that I bought along with my TF Test Kit and they're pretty much worthless. They never read anywhere close to what the cell does.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.