Polaris problem

Jun 9, 2008
Richmond, TX
My buddy just bought a ranch with a small, fiberglass in-ground pool. The Polaris 280 had been working fine. I went out yesterday and it was barely moving and listing on the side. I took it out and made sure all the swivels were tight and everything seemed OK. Put it back in and it did the same. Looked at the filter and the pressure was a little high, so I did a DE reload thinking the return pressure may have been too low. This pool does not have a booster pump. Any suggestions?

TexasDude said:
My buddy just bought a ranch with a small, fiberglass in-ground pool. The Polaris 280 had been working fine. I went out yesterday and it was barely moving and listing on the side. I took it out and made sure all the swivels were tight and everything seemed OK. Put it back in and it did the same. Looked at the filter and the pressure was a little high, so I did a DE reload thinking the return pressure may have been too low. This pool does not have a booster pump. Any suggestions?

When you say you did a DE reload does that mean you backwashed and reloaded? Did the pressure go down on the filter?

First place I would look at is the inline filter screen. If that plugs up water flow slows down. Also check the head float and make sure there isn't any water in it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.