New Pool with Spa - Help me identify plumbing

Deez

Jun 12, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Hello,

I'm not entirely new to the pool world but I could use a brush up on the BBB method and some help figuring out the maze of plumbing at this new house.

Its a 15'x15' square, not sure the average depth yet plus a 6'x6' spa built in next to the pool (can overflow into the pool or there is a pipe that can be opened up to share water with the pool. I'm guessing somewhere around 10k gallons. Pebbletec with pop up cleaners, both the pool and spa have a floor drain and skimmer each. (I'll have to update the signature later)

Any tips for the spa side of things? I've never owned one before, I'm guessing that if I maintain the pool as recommended on this site, the spa should be OK?

My guess on the plumbing maze:
1. Return from pool skimmer/drain
2. Return from spa skimmer/drain
3. Supply after filter, I think it goes to 4, heater inlet?
4. Heater inlet
5. Heater outlet maybe goes to 6?
6. Supply to pool and spa
7. Pool aerator
8. To spa jets in the walls
9. To pop ups, both spa and pool pop ups I think?
10, 11, 12, not really sure what these are. 10 is labeled 'From cleaner'. 11 is not labeled. 12 is labeled 'Spa clean'
13. air control for spa jets.

Whats the best configuration for low maintenance? draw from both 1 and 2 and supply to all the pop ups #8?

Bonus picture of the pool at night, ignore the leaves, no leaf rake yet

Attachments

• pool plumbing.jpg
    pool plumbing.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 39
  • photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 39
So 1 and 2 are your intakes from the pool to the filter - but there's no eyeball/return jets - just in floor cleaners?

I think you have identified everything. If you draw from 1 and 2 at the same time the I would think the temp in the spa will be the same as the pool...

So 1 and 2 are your intakes from the pool to the filter - but there's no eyeball/return jets - just in floor cleaners?

I think you have identified everything. If you draw from 1 and 2 at the same time the I would think the temp in the spa will be the same as the pool...

That is correct, the spa has 4 eyball/return jets. but the pool only has 9 pop ups, no returns in the walls.

My main question right now is that i'm not sure what #10, 11, and 12 do. I know that when I messed with that valve, I left it in a position that drained about a foot of water out of the pool. I have no clue where the water went.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.