numbers o.k. but cloudy

the pool was looking good before the 4th of july weekend, but by the end of the weekend the pool was looking pretty cloudy with a greenish tint. i tested yesterday- here's the numbers-
FC - 7
CC - .25
TC - 7.25
PH - 8 (yeah, a little high, so i added acid last night )
TA - 360 (yeah, real high, but is TA really that important?)
CYA - 50
these numbers don't look too bad, do they? so why am i getting cloudy & green? any thoughts? thanx alot.

If you are maintaining proper filtration and FC, it shouldn't happen. So I see on the other thread that you got it clear, so either the FC dropped to low for too long or you aren't running your filter enough.

Those are the first things that come to my mind.

Have you shocked the pool since this occurred? If not, you should add enough bleach to bring it to shock level and run the filter 24/7 till it clears up. It shouldn't take as long to clear this time.

With your description of how your water looks it suggests to me you are in the early stages of an algae bloom. As Frustratedpoolmom suggested I would shock your pool for a few days, keep the filter running 24 hrs/day and brush the pool good for a few days.

delfargo said:
the pool was looking good before the 4th of july weekend, but by the end of the weekend the pool was looking pretty cloudy with a greenish tint. i tested yesterday- here's the numbers-
FC - 7
CC - .25
TC - 7.25
PH - 8 (yeah, a little high, so i added acid last night )
TA - 360 (yeah, real high, but is TA really that important?)
CYA - 50
these numbers don't look too bad, do they? so why am i getting cloudy & green? any thoughts? thanx alot.

Are you confident about that TA result? Are you sure it's not a "dropper tip" issue as reported on here? If it is, I agree with Jason, you should also consider the Lowering TA process described in Pool School so that you aren't getting high ph issues.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.