Build up base...?

bobct1

Apr 29, 2014
CT
OK... Before anyone yells at me... I know that the rule of thumb is to dig down to the lowest point. I did that. But now my question is that I would like the bottom of the pool closer to level with the higher side... Can I build up using a base with something like 3/4 processed stone, compact that, and then put the pool on top of that? I'd still use the sand and foam bottom.

I know the concern is for settling... But at that point if there is any settling, it should be uniform.

It is possible to build up a little if you use a material that compacts really well and are through about compacting it. However, it is easy to get this wrong, and if there is any settling it will never be uniform. That is why it is almost always better to dig the high side down further rather than trying to build up the low side.

You can use the crusher stone and a plate compactor in 3" lifts.

You tired Bob? :lol:

I'm playing with you Bob. I know the hard work that goes into these digs. Believe me when I tell you that I know all about them! I have done atleast 4 digs in the last 7 years!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.