Air bubbles in return Jets (Post with photos)

Sep 11, 2013
DFW Metroplex
When I run my pump with value position like below, I notice one of the return Jets in Pool and one in spa produce air bubbles

Position 1
Suction Line described from left to right:
1.Spa main drain fully closed
2. Skimmer 1 fully opened
3. Skimmer 2 fully opened
4.Suction from pool main drain fully opened no water coming in from pool cleaner

5EAACB2B-9754-48A3-90A5-005996DD5990.jpg

Position 2 No Air bubbles from return jets

Suction Line described from left to right:
Everything same as Position 1 except #4.

4. Suction from pool main drain fully closed.

3265E5F5-96A1-4E6F-973A-608B888F4E5F.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Crack in the PVC Coupling, during adjacent value positioning water escape through hairline crack, is that primary source of air entering into the pump?

Hairline crack

828b8826-5c7e-4cbf-843a-b6b00247be34.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Excellent job of diagnosis! :goodjob:

Coat that area with shaving cream when it normally would be blowing bubbles. See if it sucks a hole in the foam, or if you start seeing white stuff in the skimmer or coming out the returns. Then try the stem of that multiport valve the same way.

Is that where it is for sure?

I'd try epoxy. If it's the valve, they sell overhaul kits with new seals.

But you need to FIND the leak before you start worrying about repairing it.

I tried the shaving cream trick this evening, the foam acted as seal and reduced my air bubbles, I don't think anything sucked in, I have some A+B epoxy remaining i will try to seal that hairline crack and report back. Thanks again!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.